Does Updating Steam Platform just stop at some random percentage and not move for years for you? Tried all kinds of random solutions but nothing works? Read on!!!
I’ve run into this problem a couple of times and have run through the usual “solutions”:
- delete ClientRegistry.blob
- restart computer
- disable firewall
- burn all your clothes and dance around a fire
None of these worked for me. The last time I ran into this issue, my solution was a clean format. Of course not everyone has the time to run off and clean format their machine every time Steam decides to misbehave. I then ran across yet another “solution” on some random forum – a solution that I hadn’t seen before. Incredibly, it worked first time, and so now I am passing on this information to the next generation of people who will be annoyed at Steam.
Delete ALL files in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam folder EXCEPT Steam.exe
This worked perfectly for me, and Steam proceeded to update within minutes.